Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In Loving Memory of Chad Wright 1975-2008


My friend Chad Wright's birthday was Dec. 5 and he would have been 33 years old. Chad passed away in January 2008. We were friends for 12 years! It's been almost 1 year since he's been gone and I miss him deeply. I find so many moments that I want to call him but I can't. I know that his soul lives on, and I believe his spirit gives me strength in the times I need it, as well as to others who were fortunate enough to know Chad.
The following is a portion of a tribute to Chad that I wrote, that was included in his online obituary:
I consider Chad one of my dearest and closest friends. Friends like Chad are hard to find. When you love a friend-- a pure soul-to-soul love--that is special. Chad taught me by example what a good friend is. Chad was there for me during some of my toughest times, there to listen with a non-judgmental ear. In fact, Chad is one of the least judgmental people I know. He loves unconditionally. That's why I could talk to Chad about anything--I knew he wouldn't judge me and he'd love me the same. I always appreciated Chad's honesty. I could always count on getting the truth from him. He had a knack for being tactfully honest; I never knew him to be brutally honest. His honesty was always meant to be helpful. To me, that's what true friends do.
By observing Chad's choices to be true to himself, and live his life in a way to say "this is who I am", I saw an inner strength and courage that I respect.
I'm so grateful that right up until his untimely death, we experienced a solid, enduring friendship that will continue forever.
I love and miss you dearly, Chad!

2 comments:

The Smith crew said...

Wow, Caroline I can't believe it has been almost a whole year. I bet this time of year is very difficult for his friends and family! Love ya!

Isaac said...

Chad was so blessed to know you as you were to know him.