Friday, July 10, 2009

End of the School Year 2008-09




I had a grrrreat year-- my first year as a full-time teacher, but still earning my credential! And I culminated the year by receiving my special ed teaching credential! Officially called "Education Specialist in Mild/Moderate Disabilities" Whoo-hoo! I must say, I worked very hard this whole year; I kind of realized just how crazy the year was when I was looking over my planner and all the days were filled with appointments, meetings, trainings, etc etc. BUT, I got through it without any major catastrophes, and most importantly, many of my students made tremendeous progress which makes all the hard work worth it-- every second! These are pictures of my end-of-year parties ("RSP Party"), where I presented each student with an award for an area they improved in, and praised them in front of their peers and publicly acknowledged to all of them, how much I admire and respect them, for how hard they work, and how much their hard work inspires me, and how excited I am to be their teacher AGAIN next year! Being a special education teacher is an incredible opportunity and I consider my job to be an honor!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

You are an amazing teacher and person! Your students are so blessed to have you AGAIN next year.