Friday, July 10, 2009

St Kitts and Nevis, Part 1 "Puerto Rico"













My trip to the Caribbean was fabulous! I was gone a total of 10 days. (I have so many pictures to share, that I will do a couple posts, "Part 1, 2, 3") I went with my friend Heidi and we met up with my friend Rufus and his friends, so we had a group of 5. On the way to St Kitts, Heidi and I had a 7 hour layover in Puerto Rico, so we left the airport and had breakfast near the beach. We then went to the beach "La Isla Verde" and "El Contado" for a couple hours, soaking in the beautiful sunshine and enjoying the WARM Atlantic Ocean, before heading back to the airport for our flight to St Kitts. I would say that Puerto Rico was like the icing on the cake for this trip; I absolutely loved Puerto Rico! Not only did we get to see some of it on the way to St Kitts, but we also got to spend the night--July 4-- in Puerto Rico on the way back. Because the flight was delayed leaving St Kitts, we missed our connecting flight from Puerto Rico to Houston, so the airline was cool enough to put us up in a hotel room! AND, money for dinner! Wow! No complaints for me! So, I headed to the beach, since I was familiar with it, from the week before :) got in the ocean, and even snuck into the Four Seasons Hotel to enjoy their jacuzzi and HUGE pool. hee hee. I was hoping to catch some July 4 fireworks but I guess that's not a tradition in Puerto Rico. :(
One of the highlights of the whole trip was the scuba diving in St Kitts: I did a total of 6 dives over 3 days. The water was so warm, I hardly needed a wet suit! On our dives, we saw a sea turtle, sting rays, puffer fish, octopus, lobsters, crabs, clam, green moray eel, and many many fish! I really enjoyed the diving. I've decided I'm going to continue my scuba diving; after all, I live right near the Pacific Ocean!! :)

1 comment:

Lesley said...

That swimsuit is ADORABLE and you look INCREDIBLE!